Thursday, January 15, 2009

Store Review

After almost 15 years of crocheting I've decided to try and teach myself to knit. On my way to volunteering last night I decided if I saw a parking spot near Woolcott and Co. a local yarn store (lys) in Cambridge, MA, I'd stop in and get the knitting accouterments I needed to begin. I passed the store and thought it was not my night, only to find a spot right next to my stop light!

So out I pop in this freezing cold New England weather, into the warmth of Woolcott and Co. (As an aside -lys always seem warmer, perhaps its the natural insulations of the walls of yarn!) I walk in an instantly the cashier asks if I need any help. I tell her that I'm making a transition, and she offers plenty of suggestions, but doesnt push any particular item.

Over all, I would recommend Woolcott's customer service, but be aware the yarns are pricey. Its where I got the lunar blanket yarn. They have some absolutely beautiful yarns, but be cautious if you are watching your pennies so your dimes and dollars will watch themselves.

2 comments: