Sunday, December 28, 2008

Yarn Review

I'm working on a blanket as a gift for Lunar New Year . I bought ten skeins of baby alpaca grande tweed (the mostly orange one) and two skeins of baby alpaca grande hand dyed (the multicoloured one) at Woolcott and co. in Cambridge, MA. Both are products of Plymouth Yarn. This yarn feels absolutely delicious. Its incredibly soft, but does shed a bit as you work with it. There is very little vegetative matter in skeins, and it rolled into balls fairly easily. Its working very easily into the blanket, and it splits/catches infrequently. Although pricey I really enjoy working with this yarn. I was able to get it 20% off due to an after Christmas sale, it was retailed for $19.00/skein. I took the photos below in different lights to better show the colors/how it can vary from the website.

I'll be using this yarn on project tagged as mm1.











No comments:

Post a Comment